The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has published the so-called “peace plan” with its ideas to resolve the Russian war against Ukraine.
Source : Chinese Foreign Ministry
Details : On the day of the anniversary of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, China proposed its so-called “peace plan” by publishing “China’s position on the political settlement of the crisis in Ukraine.”
The published document consists of 12 points:
- Respect for the sovereignty of all countries
- Rejection of the “cold war mentality”
- Cessation of hostilities
- Resumption of peace talks
- Addressing the Humanitarian Crisis
- Protection of civilians and prisoners of war
- Ensuring the safety of nuclear power plants
- Reducing strategic risks
- Promotion of grain export
- Ending “unilateral sanctions”
- Supporting the stability of industrial chains and supply chains
- Promoting post-war reconstruction.
“It is important to support the reciprocal steps of Moscow and Kyiv in favor of the speedy restoration of direct dialogue, the gradual reduction of tension in the situation and the complete cessation of hostilities,” the document says, in particular.
In addition, according to China, “unilateral sanctions (not approved by the UN Security Council – ed.) and maximum pressure cannot solve the problem, they only create new problems.”
The PRC document also notes that “the use of nuclear weapons” is unacceptable.